Kupwara, May 27 : A building of Darul-ul–Uloom (Islamic seminary) was damaged due to fire at Chandigam Lolab in this north Kashmir’s district on Saturday.
Official sources told that the fire erupted in residential quarters of the seminary, Darul-ul-Uloom ‘Khair U Darsain’, around 7 am this morning and engulfed the building. Although the fire was doused off within a reasonable dispatch, they said, the fire damaged the building to a large extent. The fire caused damage to books and literature kept in the building even as there was no loss of life or injury reported, they added.
A police officer told that fire controlling measures were taken up immediately after receiving information about the fire. He said that the cause of fire is being investigated even as preliminary investigations suggest it to be due to short circuit.
- Amreen Rashid Prity With over 04 years of experience in the field of journalism, Amreen Rashid Prity heads the editorial operations of the JK News Live as a Editor and she is also a Blogger.
- WorldAugust 26, 2023Titans rookie Will Levis dishes on mayonnaise obsession
- WorldAugust 26, 2023‘Friends’ writer claims stars were ‘unhappy’ to be tied to ‘tired old show’: They’d ‘deliberately tank’ jokes
- KashmirJune 1, 2023DM Anantnag notifies slew of measures to streamline traffic movement in the district
- KashmirJune 1, 2023DHSK observes World No Tobacco Day, nominates prominent citizens as anti tobacco ambassadors