The VP was speaking about abortion rights at her first public event since she and Biden announced re-election bid
Vice President Kamala Harris was brutally mocked for puzzling comments she made during a rally for abortion rights at Howard University in Washington D.C. on Tuesday.
Harris delivered her remarks at her alma mater, in her first speaking engagement since she and President Biden announced their 2024 re-election bid.
The VP was urging liberals to “stand and fight” against what she deemed a “national agenda” by the GOP to limit abortion rights, voting rights and LGBTQ rights, NPR reported. At one point in her speech, she gave a rambling description of the importance of the moment.
“So I think it’s very important, as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future,” Harris said in video shared by the Republican National Committee and others on Twitter.
Conservatives like Steve Guest, adviser for Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, roundly ridiculed the latest verbal blunder as a “word salad.”
Talk radio host Buck Sexton joked, “Every Kamala speech somehow sounds like the most brutally boring corporate HR seminar imaginable.”
Republican strategist Matt Whitlock accused the VP of being unable of speaking “normally.”
“It’s pretty striking that she is simply incapable of speaking normally. Is she actually smoking weed before grabbing the mic? It would explain so much,” Whitlock tweeted.Republican strategist Matt Whitlock accused the VP of being unable of speaking “normally.”
“It’s pretty striking that she is simply incapable of speaking normally. Is she actually smoking weed before grabbing the mic? It would explain so much,” Whitlock tweeted.
PJ Media senior columnist Stephen Kruiser teased, “She speaks like James Joyce would have written if he’d had no talent and been even more drunk.”
- This is Sheblu Ahmed years of experience in the field of journalism, Sheblu Ahmed heads the editorial operations of the JK News Live as the Executive Reporter
- InternationalApril 26, 2023DeSantis’ team mocks Biden’s ‘finish the job’ 2024 announcement: ‘We’d rather you not’
- InternationalApril 26, 2023Lia Thomas calls out ‘anti-feminists’ for pushing ‘transphobic beliefs,’ showing ‘half support’ to trans women
- WorldApril 26, 2023Ultra Right’ conservative beer expected to hit $1M in sales since Bud Light boycotts: ‘It’s a movement’
- InternationalApril 26, 2023Kamala Harris skewered over latest ‘word salad’ gaffe: ‘Incapable of speaking normally’