Srinagar, Aug 11 (KNO): Anjuman Auqaf Jama Masjid Srinagar condemned the authorities’ behaviour of keeping its president Mirwaiz-e-Kashmir Dr Moulvi Muhammad Umar Farooq under house detention for more than four years.
In a statement issued to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), the Anjuman said that today is the 207th consecutive Friday when Kashmir’s top religious leader Mirwaiz-e-Kashmir was not allowed to perform the important religious duty of Friday prayer or fulfill his official duties due to the continued detention.
“Due to the continued house arrest of Mirwaiz, the centuries-old pulpit and mirab of the Jama Masjid, the great place of worship in Kashmir, have also remained silent which otherwise would reverberate with Qaal Allah Wa Qaala Rasool (SAW),” it said.
Anjuman said that the restriction on the personal and religious freedom of Mirwaiz is the worst violation of human and religious rights, which is not only highly alarming but also against democratic values. Those who believe in human, democratic and religious values should raise their voices against it, the Auqaf said—(KNO)
- This is Ahammed Ali Robin years of experience in the field of journalism, Ahammed Ali Robin heads the editorial operations of the JK News Live as the Executive Reporter
- WorldAugust 11, 2023Srinagar not meeting required security for setting up NEET-SS exam centre: Board
- WorldAugust 11, 2023Two shops gutted in Sopore market at midnight
- WorldAugust 11, 2023Ganderbal residents aghast at ‘ineffective’ Solid Waste Management Project
- WorldAugust 11, 2023Walking 4,000 steps a day lowers your risk of dying: DAK
This is Ahammed Ali Robin years of experience in the field of journalism, Ahammed Ali Robin heads the editorial operations of the JK News Live as the Executive Reporter