Srinagar, May 24 Police on Wednesday said that its Special Investigation Unit carried out multiple raids at different locations in Kishtwar district
In handout to GNS, the police said that, today Special Investigation Unit (SIU) of Kishtwar Police again carried out raids at multiple locations in Kishtwar District in the house of militants who are operating from POK/PAK.
According to police spokesman, While divulging the details SSP Kishtwar Khalil Poswal-JKPS said that CIO Kishtwar DYSP Vishal sharma after obtaining house search warrants from NIA court Jammu in case FIR No 272/2022 registered under UAPA Act at PS Kishtwar against terrorists namely Azad Hussain S/O Ab Majid R/O Affani Padder, Gazi-Ud-Din S/O Mohd Ayoub R/O Jugna Keshwan, Bashir Ahmed Mughal S/O Gh Qadir R/O Jugna Keshwan and Sattar Din @ Rajab S/O Mehar Din R/O Jugna Keshwan who are presently operating from POK/PAK, searched their respective houses/residential premises. During the course of searches, the evidences collected shall be investigated so as to subject the accused persons to judicial determination for their involvement in anti-national activities and perpetuation of militancy.
SSP Kishtwar further disclosed that all those supporter/associates of terrorists whose involvement surfaces during investigations shall also be prosecuted. SSP Kishtwar further said that searches are aimed at eliminating the militant ecosystem in the district by identifying various over-ground workers and supporters of militancy, reads the statement.(GNS)
- Prakash Bhakar With over 04 years of experience in the field of journalism, Prakash Bhakar heads the editorial operations of the JK News Live as a Editor.
- WorldMay 24, 2023AC approves absorption of 145 Centaur Hotel employees into JKTDC, JKCCC & SKICC
- LatestMay 24, 2023Minor Student Falls Into Pond, Dies in Shopian; Incident Sparks Outrage
- WorldMay 24, 202316 J&K Residents Make It To Coveted UPSC CSE Selection List
- WorldMay 24, 20237 People Killed, 3 Injured In Accident Near Power Project In Kishtwar