Says Farooq first choice for Srinagar seat in LS polls
Tral, Dec 14 : National Conference vice president Omar Abdullah on Thursday said that power to nominate MLAs as per the Jammu & Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Act-2023 should have been given to the elected government instead of the Lieutenant Governor.
As per news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), while talking to reporters at Tral after addressing workers, the former chief minister said that the supreme court is yet to give its judgement on the reorganisation act but everyday new laws and changes are being made.
“Giving these powers to LG clearly indicates that they want to help BJP here as they are aware that they won’t win elections. They are now resorting to backdoor help so as to increase their seat share,” he said.
Abdullah said that once elections are held, the local government will review such decisions.
“When we approached the court against the changes brought in Jammu and Kashmir on August 5, 2019, the PDP remained silent,” he added.
He said that the case is already in the court and PDP wants to approach the court then they can definitely do so and his party won’t have any objection.
About party candidates for the coming Lok Sabha elections, he said they are yet to decide it. “But Farooq Abdullah will be first choice for Srinagar and if he will decide not to fight due to health issues, then the decision will be taken after consulting all party leaders,” Abdullah added.
He said that BJP has failed to fulfill promises made during the abrogation of Article 370.
They are claiming that crores of tourists have been visiting Kashmir now then show me how many have visited Shikargah Tral.
- Athora Akter With over 04 years of experience in the field of journalism, Athora Akter heads the editorial operations of the JK News Live as the Executive Writer.
- WorldDecember 14, 2023Power to nominate MLAs should rest with elected govt not LG, says Omar
- WorldDecember 14, 2023Wire-free markets in downtown, wooden bridge at Amira Kadal soon
- WorldDecember 14, 2023J&K parties express disappointment over SC verdict on Article 370
- WorldDecember 14, 2023Dhoeb Koal’ – Pulwama’s famous stream – turned into waste dumping site